AlwaPor porous block 39.370 x 19.685 x 0.393"
Machining information: R10 ball nose – 7000RPM feed speed – 5000 mm/min // R4 ball nose – 7000RPM feed speed – 3500 mm/min. Block weight: 11lbs. Average pore diameter: 6 – 9µ
Alwapor - Features and benefits
- Does not require vacuum holes.
- Can be useful for forming flat surfaces
- Good for cavity inserts, where an outer aluminium frame is used
- Highly cosmetic applications where finish is critical e.g. blister packaging
- Lead time reduced because vacuum holes are eliminated
- Computer aided design time shortened because there is no need to program tool paths for machining vacuum vents.
- Faster draw (shorter forming cycles) because vacuum draw over entire surface
- Heating and cooling times shortened because air is removed faster.
- Faster forming because plastic remains within the ideal temperature range. The sheet is stretched evenly over the whole mould.
- Tighter draw in complex shapes without a plug assist.